Thursday, April 26, 2007

Chapter 9, 10 and 11

1. Most people have experienced fear in their lives. Make a list of ten things that you are afraid of placing the things you fear the most at the top of the list. Compare your fears with those of your group mates. Discuss the potential of fear to both help you and hinder you.

2. What thoughts did you have at the end of chapter 9 when Jess is unable to sleep? What experiences of your own did this incident bring to mind. What personal qualities can help overcome a difficult situation? Have you had a time when you had to deal with a difficult problem? What challenges did you have to overcome? What strengths did you call on?

3. Summarize what happens on the “perfect day” described in chapter 10. What makes the day so perfect for Jess? What news does Jess learn when he gets home?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

1) >Rats
> Mice
> Dieing
> Losing a friend
> Losing a family member
> Snakes
> Teachers
> Spiders
> hights
> Going on the boat when it is rought
I Talk to my friends when i am ever scared or tell them what i am scared of and they help me

2)I had thoughts that maybe when it was rainning he was scared that leslie would go by her self to Taribitha i am not sure..
I have had a experience when i hade to go away and say my speech i was so scared. Talk to someone and just tell your self it will be over with and go and have a good time. I called on my friends and faimy.

3)The perfect day.. On the perfect day Jess gets up and then he hears that his favorite teacher wants him to go to the measum with him and stuff and keep her company... His day is so perfect because he loves this teacher it is his favorite teacher... :( The news he hears when he gets home is very sad he hears the Leslie went to the Taribtha and on her way across the rope she hit her head and died.

May 10, 2007 at 9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you think that when Leslie Died it was sad... Did you cry. Do you like the book so far

May 14, 2007 at 12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

chapters 9, 10, and 11

1. Hights
muskrats
being grounded
losing someone I love
people making fun of me
teachers
big dogs (but not boggart and zoe)
failing
getting my hair cut
snakes
I talk to my sister when i am scared or if it is somthing scary i will scream like if it is a spider and muskrats.

2. I think that it was because it was raining and he would not be able to go to terabithia, he could of had a bad dream.

3. Miss Edmunds wanted Jess to go to the smithsonian or the national gallery to keep her company, it is probaly the perfect day because he could hang out with Miss edmunds. but when he gets home he finds out that lesie died by swinging the rope.

May 14, 2007 at 12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes i like the book so far... i did not cry when leslie died.but it was sad

May 17, 2007 at 12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cried! I really wasn't expecting her to die. I was totally shocked!!!

May 22, 2007 at 12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home